5050 Online Protocol
- Ask to see a photo if one is not already up. Photos need to be recent (within the last two years) and clearly show someone's face. If someone refuses to provide a photo (or it looks like their photo has been uploaded from another website / internet) be suspicious.
- Always read profiles carefully and thoroughly. If you suspect a person is not who they are or they have requested you to 'send money' please contact us at: email@example.com
- Never reveal financial information. Do not give out financial information whatsoever like credit card or bank account details. Never send any money to someone you have never met, never send money to anyone on 5050.
- Messaging. Messaging on 5050 is completely anonymous (i.e no one can ever retrieve your personal info like address, email, phone number, etc The only way someone can know your details is if you give them out! Never give out contact details / personal info on 5050.
- Remember, it's message for message. If someone is not responding to your message, it's because they don't wish to!
- Be suspicious of anyone who keeps making excuses not to meet you. Scammers will never meet you in person as they are usually located overseas and are usually only interested in a long distance relationship and your money!
- Don't give message contact details on the 5050 website to enable messaging off the 5050 website. This makes you vulnerable to scammers, it is also a violation of our t's & c's that you will have agreed to in order to register.
- Don't get a false sense of security that you are protected by this dating site. You are not! 5050 does not carry out criminal checks on its members. It is up to you to do your own research and make informed decisions before / after you decide to meet / have met someone.
There are things you can do on the 5050 website if you’re not happy about the level of contact you have with someone:
1. You can block someone from contacting you by clicking on the BLOCK USER button which shows up when you click on that members profile photo.
2. You can report a member by clicking on the REPORT MEMBER button located under your profile photo when you click on Home.
3. You can become 5050 Verified (the 5050 V badge will show on your profile photo when you have a vlog uploaded). You can request that someone else becomes 5050 Verified (5050 V) or contact only members who are.
5050 Meeting Protocol
- Never give out any of your personal details when meeting someone for the first time. Do NOT give out any phone numbers, work, email or home address. The only way someone can know your personal details is if you give them out. NEVER feel pressured or obliged to give out any personal details in any way whatsoever. Remember, after a first meeting, it is much safer to set up a First Date via 5050. This way you need not give any contact details out.
- Avoid alcohol when you meet someone for the first time. Alcohol impairs judgement.
- Arrange to meet in a public place. A popular cafe is the best place to meet and preferably during the day.
- Always insist on paying for your own coffee or refreshment. 50/50 remember?
- Tell someone that you are meeting someone for the first time and so they know whereabouts and when to expect you home.
- Take your phone and keep it handy at all times.
- Trust your instincts. Make an exit if you feel uncomfortable.
- And remember, rejection is part of dating. Everyone at some time has been rejected. If someone doesn't message or communicate with you again in a timely manner via 5050 after you've met for the first time, they are simply NOT INTERESTED!
5050’s ethos is to provide a safe and secure online environment in which people can correspond and then (if desired) arrange to meet in person.
Agreeing with 5050’s ethos is a condition of use. Breach of our terms and conditions will result in the removal of your membership, and in extreme cases could lead to prosecution.
- I will treat others with dignity and respect.
- I will represent myself honestly in all dealings with 5050 administrators.
- I will not use defamatory, abusive, obscene or profane language on 5050.
- I will only use 5050 for personal use not for any commercial use.
- I will only upload photos to the 5050 website that are of me, are undoctored and are not offensive or obscene.
- I will act to protect my own privacy in my communications and will not include any contact details in my publicly available profile.
- I will promptly report any breach of the 5050 ethos or terms and conditions to 5050 administrators.
Contact at 5050: firstname.lastname@example.org